Senior Game Developer
Why are we hiring for this role?
Our dynamic studio is seeking a highly skilled Senior Game Developer to join our team and engage in jolly cooperation! As we prepare to launch several new projects, we require a developer with the drive and leadership qualities to take charge of bringing these games to life.
“As a Senior Game Developer, your primary responsibility will be to bring the project lead or director’s creative vision to life through your technical expertise. You will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining the project’s technical architecture, ensuring that it meets the requirements of both the design team and the end-users.”
What’s the purpose of this role?
As a Senior Game Developer, your primary responsibility will be to bring the project lead or director’s creative vision to life through your technical expertise. You will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining the project’s technical architecture, ensuring that it meets the requirements of both the design team and the end-users.
In addition, you will serve as a mentor and guide to junior developers, providing support and guidance as they develop their skills and knowledge. You will also be a valuable sounding board for their ideas and proposals, providing constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement.
You will work alongside our small but capable team of developers, designers, and artists, collaborating on all aspects of game development from ideation to launch. Your extensive knowledge and experience in game development will be instrumental in guiding our team towards creating unforgettable gaming experiences!
What are the key responsibilities?
- Build and maintain a well-engineered codebase with high levels of stability and performance.
- Design and implement features in at least 2 different focus areas such as gameplay systems, AI, networking, graphics, performance optimisation, user interface and user experience.
- Offer specialist insight and guide others in at least one of the focus areas above.
- Solve problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant and extendable.
- Collaborate daily with, and estimate tasks for other programmers, designers and artists.
- Continue to level up as a programmer by sharing knowledge through internal workshops and giving/receiving guidance and feedback from other programmers.
- Raise the level of other programmers within the studio, for example, by mentoring other programmers and/or supporting recruitment.
What type of person are we looking for?
You’re a passionate Senior Game Developer with a high level of C# knowledge and experience developing Android and iOS apps in Unity. We think you have a good understanding of Unity Render Pipelines as well as experience with Git. It’s important you have an understanding of design patterns and architecture where it relates to games. We also believe you already have an interest (or even passion!) for games in the RPG, Management and Strategy genre, as well as great communication skills in written and spoken English.
As we’re a tight-knit team working 100% remotely it’s important you feel able to work as a team member as well as on your own.
What are the key requirements?
- Experience working as a Senior Game Developer
- High level of C# knowledge
- High level of Unity knowledge
- Experience developing applications with Unity for Android and iOS
- Good understanding of Unity Render Pipelines
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Good understanding of design patterns and architecture where it relates to games
- Great communication skills in written and spoken English.
Our promise to you
We believe in creating goals and not instructions. In this studio, you will be given the tools, encouragement and feedback to do your job well. Everyone here is heard and we respect the hell out of each other! If you join us it’s because we believe in you and your skills.
Is there anything else worth sharing?
Not really! We’d really like to meet you and we’re looking forward to your application.